Brian O. Underhill, Ph.D. is an internationally-accomplished keynote speaker addressing leaders, HR managers and coaches over 6 continents. Brian is the Founder & CEO of CoachSource, the world’s largest executive coaching firm. He is also the author of “Executive Coaching for Results: The Definitive Guide to Developing Organizational Leaders,” as well as numerous articles and blog posts on the leadership and coaching field.
Brian regularly achieves high ratings for his engaging presentations. He has been a frequent speaker at the Conference Board, Linkage, ICF, ODN, SHRM, ATD and other industry events. (Pictured above is Dr. Underhill's keynote in Brazil).
Dr. Underhill's keynote at ICF in Istanbul, Turkey
Endurance Leadership: Leading in Turbulent Times
Audience: Leaders (Keynote)
During these unprecedented times, how are we to lead our organizations effectively? What leadership approaches do we need in order to be successful? How do we stay grounded when everything seems to be shifting? Thankfully, there are answers to these questions. We'll learn from a leadership story guaranteed to be even more riveting than anything we'll ever experience today. You will learn about the three key leadership principles to lead during turbulent times and what specifically you can do to lead more effectively tomorrow.
Making the Most of Your Coaching Experience
Audience: Intact Leadership Teams
So you and your team are about to get 360 feedback and work with a coach – now what? How do you make the most of 360 feedback? How do you make the most of coaching? Learn a valuable model for encouraging feedback, how to read a 360 report and how to practice follow up with others. We’ll also look at our team report to learn where we are collectively strong and where we can improve. You’ll learn more about the executive coaching process and how to best work with your coach for maximum results.
Yes, You Can (and MUST) Measure the Results of Coaching
The executive coaching field still suffers greatly from an “image problem” – many in the world do not understand what we do, and often confuse us with other less desirable occupations. Our profession must capture legitimacy in the world’s eyes. One solution? Measurement! Measuring the impact of coaching is simple, obtainable and even motivational for our clients. Learn about the 5 levels of measurement – including measuring ROI – and figure out how to put them into practice with your clients immediately.
Executive Coaching for Results: Design, Measure, Maximize
Corporate executive coaching requests have risen substantially over the past few years, now mostly aimed at the best and brightest talent. But there is an unexpected downside - the challenge in properly managing coaching. Practice managers in corporations are now spending extraordinarily large amounts of time screening coaches, handling new requests, tracking activities, processing purchase orders and expense forms, keeping up with the existing cadre of coaches - and do the rest of their work too!
With this increased attention also comes heightened pressure to demonstrate results. Are our leaders actually improving? How do we measure the impact of coaching? How do we measure the return on investment?
This vital session is perfectly timed to meet the needs of busy coaching program managers. Can we manager larger and larger coaching programs, using less internal staff time along the way? Participants will learn how to:
• Streamline “intake” of coaching requests to move them through the system faster
• Oversee internal and external coaches under one approach
• Peek inside a web-based coaching management system (CMS)
• Determine which key activity metrics to track: i.e. number of assignments, cost, etc
• Identify the five ways to evaluate coaching
• Conduct a coaching conversation to contract for business impact
• Convert data to monetary value
Join coaching management expert Brian O. Underhill, Ph.D. and his team as we explore ways to maximize your coaching program. Brian has designed numerous large-scale, global coaching programs, and his staff oversees coaching management activities at over 60 large organizations.
Contact us to learn more!
Dr. Underhill being interviewed by news media in Madrid, Spain.
Dr. Underhill's breakout session at EMCC, Istanbul, Turkey in Nov.2015
Dr. Underhill interviewed the Institute of Coaching (part of McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate).
Sampling of Prior Speaking Engagements
· American Chamber of Commerce – Human Resources Division – Chapter Speaker – Tokyo, Japan – February 2008
· HRPS Tokyo – Chapter Speaker – Tokyo, Japan – February 2008
· Colombian Conference on Call Centers and BPO – Keynote Speaker - Bogota, Colombia - May 2009
· Washington State Bankers Association HR/Training Conference – Keynote Speaker – Leavenworth, WA – April 2010
· Encuentro Latinamericano de Gestion Humana – Keynote Speaker – Lima, Peru - June 2010
· APAC/ICF Singapore – Session Speaker – Sept 2010
· ICF National Conference, Orlando FL – Session Speaker – Dec 2010
· HRPS Dubai – Chapter Speaker - June 2011
· American Chamber of Commerce – Human Resources Division – Chapter Speaker – Seoul, Korea – Feb 2011
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2011
· Conference Board Executive Coaching Conference – Session Speaker – March 2012
· Franklin Templeton Investments HR Meeting – Session Speaker – July 2012
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2012
· ICF Taiwan Country Conference – Keynote Speaker – Taipei, Taiwan – Dec 2012
· Conference Board Executive Coaching Conference – Session Speaker – March 2013
· ICF Turkey Country Conference – Keynote Speaker – Istanbul, Turkey – April 2013
· Colombian Conference on Call Centers and BPO – Keynote Speaker - Bogota, Colombia - May 2013
· Mayo Clinic Coaching Conference – Keynote Speaker – Rochester, MN – August 2013
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2013
· Allergan HR Forum – Session Speaker – Irvine, CA - Sept 2013
· ASTD – Los Angeles – Chapter Speaker – October 2013
· Intel Coaching Forum – Session Speaker – November 2013
· Society of Consulting Psychologists Mid-Winter Conference – Session Speaker – Feb 2014
· Sociedad Brasilia de Coaching – Keynote Speaker – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Feb 2014
· Conference Board Executive Coaching Conference – Session Speaker – March 2014
· Asociación Española De Coaching Ejecutivo Coaching Conference – Keynote Speaker – Madrid, Spain – May 2014
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2014
· Conference Board Executive Coaching Conference NYC – Pre-Conference Speaker – March 2015
· Arizona ODN – Session Speaker – May 2015
· Genentech Coaches’ Forum – Session Speaker – June 2015
· Korean Coaches Association – Keynote Speaker – Seoul, Korea – June 2015
· ICF Midwest Conference Kansas City – Session Speaker – June 2015
· San Diego ICF Chapter – Session Speaker – Aug 2015
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2015
· EMCC Istanbul – Session Speaker – Nov 2015
· Worldwide Business & Executive Coaching Forum (WBECS) – Session Speaker – Online/Virtual – August 2016
· The Journey Church – Platform Teacher – San Jose, CA – Feb 2016
· Raytheon HR Group – Session Speaker – March 2016
· Conference Board Executive Coaching Conference NYC – Session Facilitator – March 2016
· Coaching Corps – Team Session – Sept 2016
Other events include radio shows, podcasts and television.
ICF Istanbul, Turkey
Korea Coaches Association, Seoul, Korea
Media photo from Sao Paulo, Brazil
Keynote ICF Taipei, Taiwan.
Contact us to learn more!