Marshall Goldsmith, Ph.D.
Influential Business Thinker
Dr. Marshall Goldsmith is a world authority in helping successful leaders achieve positive, lasting change in behavior: for themselves, their people and their teams. Dr. Goldsmith was recently recognized as one of the fifteen most influential business thinkers in the world in the global bi-annual study sponsored by The London Times and Forbes.
He is the million-selling author or editor of 31 books, including The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers MOJO and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There – a WSJ #1 business book and winner of the Harold Longman Award for Business Book of the Year. His books have been translated into 28 languages and become bestsellers in eight countries. Marshall’s other books include: Succession: Are You Ready? – a WSJ bestseller, The Leader of the Future - a BusinessWeek bestseller; The AMA Handbook of Leadership, The Organization of the Future 2 and The Leadership Investment. Over three hundred of his articles, interviews, columns and videos are available online at www.MarshallGoldsmithLibrary.com for viewing and sharing. Visitors to this site have viewed, read, listened to, downloaded or shared resources over 7 million times. He has regular blogs at www.BusinessWeek.com and www.HuffingtonPost.com.
Dr. Goldsmith’s Ph.D. is from UCLA’s Anderson School of Management where in 2010 he was recognized as one of 100 distinguished graduates in the 75 year history of the School. He teaches executive education at Dartmouth’s Tuck School and frequently speaks at leading business schools. He is one of a select few executive advisors who have been asked to work with over 120 major CEOs and their management teams. He served on the Board of the Peter Drucker Foundation for ten years. He has been a volunteer teacher for US Army Generals, Navy Admirals, Girl Scout executives, International and American Red Cross leaders – where he was a National Volunteer of the Year.
His other professional acknowledgments include:
• Institute for Management Studies – Lifetime Achievement Award (one of only two ever awarded)
• American Management Association - 50 great thinkers and leaders who have influenced the field of management over the past 80 year
• BusinessWeek– 50 great leaders in America
• Wall Street Journal – top ten executive educators
• Forbes – five most-respected executive coaches
• Leadership Excellence – top five thinkers on leadership
• Economic Times (India) – top CEO coaches of America
• Economist (UK) – most credible executive advisors in the new era of business
• National Academy of Human Resources – Fellow of the Academy (America’s top HR award)
• World HRD Congress – 2011 global leader in HR thinking
• 2011 Tata Award (India) for Global HR Excellence
• Fast Company – America’s preeminent executive coach and Leader to Leader Institute – 2010 Leader of the Future Award.