Liz Cornish specializes in coaching individuals and groups in transition, such as new leadership challenges, change initiatives, start-up projects, teams and planning. She excels when working with leaders as they leverage relationships, deliver results, inspire confidence and manage the push for action against the pull to make thoughtful, informed decisions. Executives and Senior Managers (Fortune 100 firms) often engage Liz to help enhance leadership presence, maximize communication effectiveness and inspire global teams.
While most of her clients are male, Liz is the leading expert in coaching women from middle management and executive levels to manage transitions, achieve their goals and sustain top performance. Her McGraw Hill leadership book, Hit the Ground Running: a Woman’s Guide to Success for the First 100 Days on the Job, is the product of over 300 executive interviews and 25 years experience in the leadership field, including director-level positions in the healthcare, non-profit and public sectors. Packed with hard-won wisdom and no-nonsense advice, Hit the Ground Running provides a blueprint for organizing priorities, getting a handle on the tasks and applying proven management/leadership techniques.
Her varied background includes many years and miles as an international outdoor adventure educator. She has led executives up Mt Kilimanjaro, was the first woman to kayak the powerful Zambezi River in Africa, soloed above the Arctic Circle, and run the 100th Boston Marathon.
Personal Leadership/Executive Presence
- A gifted speaker, Liz has made appearances on dozens of television and radio stations to discuss personal leadership effectiveness
- Partial list of successful partnerships in personal leadership includes AAA, Ernst and Young (fast-track partners participating in 3 year mentor program), SC Johnson and Son, Birkenstock, University of Auckland Executive Program in New Zealand and Leadership California.
- First Duvall “Leader in Residence” at the University of Kentucky - 2005
- Guest faculty at several major university Executive Programs
- Written and spoken extensively on subject including “A Crash Course in Teambuilding” (featured in Hit the Ground Running) and “Overcoming the Great Team Divide” (keynote address)
- Teambuilding clients have included American Stock Exchange, Willow Creek Financial Services, Outward Bound, California State Employees Association, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Naval Postgraduate School and several healthcare systems
Business and Results Leadership:
- Coached dozens of organizations in long-range business planning, leading change and customer focused strategy, including Price Waterhouse Coopers, Santa Rosa Utilities, California Earthquake Authority, St Joseph Health System, California Automobile Association and Willow Creek Financial Services.