David Crighton works with executives to help them grow their leadership capacity and achieve their career goals in ways that support the strategy, objectives and overall success of their organizations.
David brings an ideal mix of business experience and expertise to his coaching. He draws on an extensive business background dealing with the complex challenges of building and running successful organizations and expertise helping senior leaders develop amidst continuous change.
David’s professional career includes over twenty years as an executive with corporate-wide accountability for executive, leadership and organizational development strategy and operations. His industry experience includes global Fortune 500, national and regional companies: Technology (Internet, Software and Semiconductor), Healthcare, Financial Services, (Banking, Credit Card, and Insurance) Travel, Advertising and Non-profits.
David has coached and worked extensively with senior executives and their teams across a wide range of business functions and disciplines. He was also known for successfully developing and implementing new strategies and operations and building strong organizations dedicated to improving leader and organizational performance. Notable achievements in these areas include:
- Built the first-ever executive education function for a major telecommunications company and established it as the source for coaching advice and counsel regarding executive, career and leadership development.
- Received President’s Quality Award for coaching work with special cross-functional team in an advertising company contributing to the company's improvement from "worst to first” in industry quality measures.
- Established executive coaching in a financial services company as a component of its leadership development strategy, significantly improving the utilization of this key executive development resource.
- Designed and implemented an Executive Leadership Program for the top 120 executives in a major global financial services company. Received company Exceptional Achievement Award for this work.
- Developed Talent Review and Succession processes in three companies, improving leadership bench strength in line with external benchmarks.
- Implemented a culture change/ leadership development initiative in an advertising company that contributed to significant improvement in revenue and employee engagement measures.
- Led organizational development and learning initiatives supporting the turnaround strategy of a financial services company contributing to a significant increase in stock value and positively positioning the company for acquisition.